When it comes to taming frizzy hair, there is no one–size–fits–all solution. The best mousse for frizzy hair will depend on your hair type and the level of frizz you’re dealing with. If you have fine, frizzy hair, you’ll need a lighter–weight mousse that won’t weigh down your locks. For thicker, coarser hair, you may need a heavier–duty mousse to tame your frizz. In either case, look for a mousse that contains conditioning ingredients like silicones or natural oils to help smooth and de–frizz your hair.
Here are our 7 favorite mousses for frizzy hair –
- Creates defined, bouncy, shiny ringlets with touchable hold
- Alcohol-free formula tames frizz and adds shine
- Thermal protectant and UV filter prevent damage from heat styling and the sun
- Suitable for curly and wavy hair types
- Works best when used on damp hair that’s air dried or blow dried with a diffuser
- GODDESS VIBES: Part foam, part cream, complete curl heaven! With the hold of a mousse & the hydration of a cream, this styling blend infused with shea butter & coconut oil helps enhance & de-frizz curls.
- TIGHTEN UP TENDRILS with our Locking + Coconut Curls styling collection! Blended with coconut oil & shea butter for smooth coils that bounce & tendrils that twist without the frizz.
- BEAUTY PURE & SIMPLE: OGX products are inspired by nature. We don’t try to make hair look “perfect” because we’d rather make hair look fuller, smoother, curlier, or bouncier & smell irresistible.
- WHAT HAIR WANTS: Whether you need quenching moisture for curly hair, protection for color treated hair, blowout cream or matte pomade, OGX hair care products are designed to bring out your best.
- REAL QUALITY, REAL BEAUTY: Unattainable looks don't inspire us but originality does. OGX hair & skin care product collections are here to help you look your best! We’re beauty, pure & simple.
- OGX's VOLUMIZING, FOAMING MOUSSE helps give your hair more body and build without weighing it down, & it's flexible hold will help keep your hair soft, brushable & manageable all day long. This hair mousse helps gives your hair volume & shine
- BOOST SHINE AND BODY: We know what you love about your hair, so we made this professional quality, foaming mousse, blended with argan oil, helps boost your hair's shine & body to make you love it more. At OGX, originality not unattainable looks, inspire us
- ADD VOLUME, SHINE & BOUNCE: This flexible hold but long-lasting foaming mousse will help add volume, shine and bounce to your already perfect hair and favorite hair style.
- NO MATTER YOUR HAIR TYPE OR COLOR healthy looking hair is always in style; exotic Argan Oil of Morocco volumizing, flexible mousse will keep your hair looking healthy, smooth & shiny whether it is thick or fine. Be proud of your locks, rock what you got.
- WE ARE BEAUTY PURE AND SIMPLE: You can get the look, shine and volume you want every day with OGX, volumizing, flexible hold foaming mousse infused with argan oil of Morocco. At OGX, we approach beauty in our own way. We're beauty, pure and simple.
- The SheaMoisture Coconut and Hibiscus Frizz-Free Curl Mousse, blended with Fair Trade Shea Butter, to make your curly hair beautiful and bouncy
- Our volumizing hair mousse enhances natural curl memory and wave pattern, and leaves no residue, creating shiny curls with high impact volume and a soft finish
- Coconut and Hibiscus curl mousse, blended with coconut and neem oil, helps to control frizz while adding a brilliant shine to your curly hair
- The frizz free hair mousse is formulated with no silicone, no sulfates, no parabens, no phthalates, no mineral oil or petrolatum; It's been tested on our family for generations and never on animals
- This hair styling mousse, blended with Silk Protein, leaves your curly hair smooth, soft and silky
- Mousse Forte provides strong manageable hold to long lasting body
- Define waves and curls, or boost unlimited style Options
- Provides all day long frizz control
- Provides strong hold that stays soft to the touch to build voluminous styles
- Defines waves and curls
- 💁PLEASE NOTE: 16 oz refills require the styling foam pump that comes with the original bottle (2 oz or 8 oz).
- 💁THE ORIGINAL LIQUID MOISTURIZING HAIR FOAM: Hair Play Set #3 is the best leave-in styling conditioner for extra thick, dense, curly, frizzy, coarse textured hair. No more struggles with unruly, kinky hair!
- 💁VERSATILE STYLING PRODUCT: Detangle, restructure and define uneven waves while maintaining the integrity of your hair. Keep your hair hydrated, moisturized and healthy.
- 💁LOOK GREAT, FEEL GREAT: This lightweight foam makes hair soft, smooth, shiny and bouncy without flakes or residue. No more heavy and crunchy hair; great smell is an added bonus.
- 💁EASY TO STYLE: Set shares essential properties of both mousse and gel in the form of weightless foam. Thermal and sunscreen protection for natural looking, healthy, shiny blow-outs.
- Formula with: Black Seed Oil and Coconut Oil
- No added sulfates
- Adds volume while moisturizing
- Long-lasting soft, shiny, non-frizzy locks
Is Mousse Or Gel Better For Frizzy Hair?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on personal preference and hair type. Some people find that mousse gives their hair more body and control, while others prefer gel for its glossy finish. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to experiment with both products to see which gives them the best results. If frizzy hair is a persistent problem, however, it is worth consulting a professional stylist to get advice on the best products and styling techniques.
How Should I Use Mousse On Frizzy Hair?
There are a couple different ways you can use mousse on frizzy hair. One way is to apply it to damp hair, comb it through, and then blow dry your hair. This will help to control the frizz and give your hair a nice, smooth finish. Another way to use mousse is to apply it to dry hair. This can help to tame any flyaways and give your hair a bit of extra hold. Whichever way you choose to use it, be sure to start with a small amount and build up as needed. Too much mousse can weigh your hair down and make it look greasy. Frizzy hair can be a pain to deal with, but mousse can definitely help.
Mousse is a great product to use if you want more shine on your frizzy hair. Simply apply a small amount of mousse to your damp hair, then style as usual. You‘ll notice that your hair will be shinier and less frizzy when you‘re done. If you‘re looking for even more shine, you can try using a flat iron after you‘ve applied the mousse. Just be sure to use a heat protectant spray before you flat iron your hair to avoid damaging it.