We looked at all the online reviews and found the best of the best using advanced technology.
Here’s a look at the best Light Meter For Film Photography
Bestseller No. 1
Sekonic L-308X-U Flashmate Light Meter (401-305)
- Exposures accurate down to a tenth-of-a-stop for both ambient and electronic flash light readings in full-stop mode.
- At ISO 100 the ambient EV range is 0 to 19.9 flash f/stops range from f/1.0 to f/90.9 with a shutter-speed span of 60-seconds to 1/8000th-of-a-second (1 sec to 1/500th for flash).
- Photo Mode: for still image photographers featuring shutter or aperture priority display of a full range of ambient and flash functions including cord and cordless flash measurement
- HD Cine Mode: perfect for DSLR and mirrorless videographers who need to take exposure readings and control light using shutter speeds and frame rates
- Cine Mode: designed for use with cinema grade cameras, allows users to select from the most useful frame rates and shutter angles for exposure control with one-tenth stop accuracy.
SaleBestseller No. 2
Luxi for All - Smartphone Light Meter Attachment for iOS Devices
- Luxi For All turns your smartphone into a pro quality light meter. Download the app for iOS.
- An accurate photographic light meter for incident light and color temperature metering.
- Note that Luxi can NOT meter flash lighting.
- Works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- A popular photography accessory, Luxi For All works with phones and tablets.
Bestseller No. 3
Sekonic Speedmaster L-858D-U Light Meter (401-858)
- Flash Duration Measurements - Understanding flash duration is the first step in freezing fast-moving subjects.
- Radio Control Modules for Wireless Triggering - The L-858 Speedmaster Pro expands upon ground-breaking innovation by adding functionality for Elinchrom Skyport and Phottix Strato II/ Ares II users
- Increased Light Sensitivity - An additional 3-stops of light sensitivity for incident light, 2-stops, for reflected light (spot), and an ability to capture a reading down 0.1 lx of Illuminance
- HSS Flash Measurements - Finally, photographers now have an accurate way of measuring their lights when they want to overpower the sun or achieve a very shallow depth of field through using HSS
- Flash Analyzing Function - Measures ambient and flash simultaneously and automatically indicates the percentage of flash in the total exposure
Bestseller No. 4
Kenko KFM-1100 Auto Digi Meter - Light Meter for Flash and Ambient Light
- Simple and easy-to-use ambient/flash meter
- Accurate and full featured
- Analyze function for mixed lighting
- Flash-ambient ratio calculations
- Cord or cordless operation
Bestseller No. 5
Dr.meter Professional LED Light Meter, Digital Illuminance Meter with 0-200,000 Measuring Ranges and...
- ★【Professional LED Light Meter】: Whether you're a photographer, a set designer, or looking to set the mood, proper lighting is a must. The Dr.meter Digital LED Light Meter measures the brightness (up to 200,000 lux) of fluorescent, metal halide, incandescent, and high-pressure sodium lights, guaranteeing the perfect luminosity every time.
- ★【Ultra Fast, Ultra Precise】: A split second is all it takes for an accurate reading. An advanced built-in calibration sensor measures the light levels at a super fast, twice per second speed.
- ★【Easy and Intuitive】: Using this digital LED light meter couldn't be easier. Just turn it on, point it at the light source, and check out the reading on the display screen. There are 4 adjustable measuring ranges (200lux, 2,000lux, 20,000lux, 200,000lux). Preprogrammed settings like auto power off, data hold, unit adjustment, and more do the hard work for you.
- ★【270 Degree Rotatable Detector】: Keep an eye on the light level anywhere in the room. The optical detector rotates a full 270 degree for muti-directional detection.
- ★【Tripod Mountable】: Have your hands full? Don't sweat it. Thanks to the screw base design, this photography light meter can be placed on a tripod for hands-free use.
Bestseller No. 6
Lumu Power Light & Color Meter for Photo and Video
- LUMU POWER transforms your iOS device into a professional light meter. Measure Color temperature, illuminance, spot, ambient and flash exposure. Just download the app and you are ready to go. You can find the User Manual listed in the Technical Specification tab in Product Information, located under the Product Description on this page.
- AMBIENT EXPOSURE - get perfect exposure every time. Control Balance between aperture and shutter time to achieve the right effect.
- "FLASH EXPOSURE - No more blind guessing. Simply measure flash and control balance between flash and ambient light".
- COLOR TEMPERATURE - set the correct Color temperature in any light situation. White will be White and colors will be perfect.
- SPOT METERING - Use Lumu Light Meter app as a standalone spot meter, no additional hardware needed.
SaleBestseller No. 7
URCERI Light Meter Digital Illuminance Meter Handheld Ambient Temperature Measurer with Range up to...
- Measures luminosity from 0 to 200,000 Lux and ambient temperature
- High accuracy of ±3% rdg ± 8 dgts (<10,000 Lux), ±4% rdg ±10 dgts (>10,000 Lux)
- 4 digital color LCD screen, MIN/Max readings, data hold, auto power off, and low battery indication
- Handheld design, lightweight and compact, easy to transport
- Wide range of application, use lux light meter for set design, factory, office or home use